Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 1 Wrap Up

Well, I've read two things this week and neither were on my TBR. That's how it goes sometimes.

I picked up the graphic novel Giant Days Volume 1 by John Allison and Lissa Treiman. Its a cute contemporary story about three friends in their first year at University in England. One of the girls is questioning her sexuality and has the support of her two other friends. It's kind of a slice-of-life comic and I enjoyed it. I gave it 3 stars.

Then I picked up the second volume to continue on with the story. We get to know some secondary characters; a boyfriend and a guy who is into one of the main girls. I still enjoyed it though I feel a bit like it is directionless. However, I'm enjoying the characters so I will continue on. I gave it 3 stars.

I think to break my slump I'm going to focus more on audiobooks, graphic novels, and manga. My husband keeps pestering me to read Fullmetal Alchemist (since I read the first volume) so I'll probably continue on with that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment