Friday, September 28, 2018

October TBR including Magical Readathon Extra Credit

I was so pleased when G from Book Roast announced the week long Magical Readathon extra credit. There are 5 challenges that I'm going to attempt though I feel 4 is more realistic. The readathon takes place between October 8th-14th.

1. Alohamora: read a book that's first in a series- 
Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron

2. Accio: a book that is the top of your TBR- 
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

3. Rictusempra: a book that "tickles you in the right way" (exciting trope/theme/genre) - 
I took this literally and found a funny book. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson


4. Lumos: a book with a white/light cover- 
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (this is nearly 800 pages so not ideal for a readathon but I want to read it)

5. Incendio: a book that has "fire" or "flame" in the title/series name or has flames on the cover- I probably won't get to this challenge but if I do, my choice is Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan


For the rest of October I have chosen these books for my TBR:

1. Anything Goes by John Barrowman
2. Nobody's Girl by Barbara Amaya
3. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
4. Tangerine by Christine Mangan
5. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar


TangerineThe Space Between UsThe Goldfinch
Alias Grace
NobodyĆ¢€™s Girl: A Memoir of Lost Innocence, Modern Day Slavery and TransformationAnything GoesBrain on Fire: My Month of MadnessA Thousand Splendid SunsA Walk in the WoodsThe Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment