Thursday, September 27, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up 4

This week I took a little break from reading and binged season 6 of Wentworth on Netflix. However, I did manage to finish 1 book that I listened to on audiobook.

I read Charlie Bone and the Hidden King by Jenny Nimmo. This is the 5th in the series and honestly it was my least favorite. You do find out a "dramatic reveal" but I had already guessed it a long time ago. I'm curious if it was really obvious to kids who read it as I know I'm not the target demographic. I think something that bothered me about this one is warnings came too late to do anything and characters also failed to act on warnings. It made the events feel a bit forced. Additionally, Charlie is mean to his best friend Benjamin who he hasn't seen in several months. I felt this was out of character. I gave the book 2 stars. I will probably continue with the series as they are easy enough reads and Hoopla has the last three books.

No comments:

Post a Comment