Thursday, September 13, 2018

Review for The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton


The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle


Review for The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

This book was nothing like I’ve ever read before. It had the feel of a classic mystery with a fun and interesting sci-fi twist. The premise is that Evelyn Hardcastle will be murdered at 11 pm each night and Aiden Bishop has to figure out the identity of the murderer. He has 8 days to do so but will wake up in a different host each morning. Each host has their own personality, with assets and limitations.

The beginning was initially confusing; which makes sense because Aiden wakes up with total memory loss and the reader learns alongside him what is going on. The characters we meet all have secrets, which makes them all suspects.

The intrigue of this book made it so hard to put down. The author kept revealing so many twists and turns, I felt I was on a roller coaster. I already want to re-read this book, just to fully understand all the secrets and motives. I loved this story immensely and while the ending was quite shocking, I wish the very last part of the book had ended differently. Aiden’s choice at the very end was less satisfying than I had wished for, and it’s the only part I would change. Therefore, I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.


This book is available in the U.S. on September 18th so if this sounds like a book you'd like, you won't have to wait much longer.




(I received a copy from Netgalley for my personal and unbiased review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment