Friday, October 5, 2018

Weekly Wrap up 1

This week I had my in-laws visiting so I had a lot less time for reading. However, I still managed to finish 2 books.

The first was Anything Goes by John Barrowman. This was an interesting memoir but it felt disjointed, skipping all over the place, and rarely focusing on the Doctor Who and Torchwood times. I feel he wrote this book a little too early, in the height of his t.v. roles rather than afterward where he could include more tidbits. Overall, I enjoyed it so I gave it 3 stars.

The second book I finished was The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I've read one other book by her, The Nightingale. She is a solid historical fiction writer. She writes deeply flawed and realistic characters. The Great Alone was a breathtaking adventure of surviving in the Alaskan wilderness with an abusive father. I really enjoyed this book but felt the ending went on a bit too long and was somewhat unrealistic. I gave the book 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment