Monday, October 15, 2018

Review of Nobody's Girl by Barbara Amaya


Nobody’s Girl: A Memoir of Lost Innocence, Modern Day Slavery and Transformation

A few weeks ago I announced that I had been approved to review two books on Netgalley. This past weekend I sat down and read one titled Nobody's Girl by Barbara Amaya.

The memoir is about Barbara enduring sexual abuse at the hands of several of her relatives, running away, and being sold into sex trafficking. She ultimately overcomes and becomes an advocate for runaway youths. Even though this story took place in the 70's and 80's, it's unfortunately still a current problem today and will resonate with modern readers. This story was heart breaking; especially when her cries for help were repeatedly ignored. However, in the end, it becomes an inspiring tale of resilience and a triumph over evil. The story was written well and I connected with her as a character. I gave this 5 stars. Trigger warnings for sexual abuse, violence, drug abuse and attempted suicide.


This is available now and I'd highly recommend the audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment