Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A late Wrap Up 3

So this is a bit late but better late than never.

For my Charms Extra Credit I earned 3 points. I read:

Rictumsempra: A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson

Accio: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Incendio: Brain on Fire by Susanah Cahalan

So while I started The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, I definitely didn't finish it. I feel good with three.
I've already reviewed the first two so I'll tell you about the last one.

Brain on Fire is a memoir about a woman who suddenly starts experiencing strange physical and mental issues. She stays at a hospital for nearly a month while they try to figure out her mysterious illness. It was entertaining and informative and the chapters were short which helped me keep reading. I gave it three stars as I don't think it's likely I'll re-read it.

Additionally I read Nobody's Girl by Barbara Amaya. I did a full review so I won't repeat myself but I loved it. 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment