Saturday, December 12, 2020

Review of 2020 goals

 This year was much different than all other years but let's see how I did on my goals:


1. Complete the 24 reading prompts for Reading Women Challenge.

I did not finish this. I had 2 challenges that I did not get: Read an Afrofuturism book and Read a book about the environment.

2. Complete the 24 reading prompts for Reading Harder Challenge.

I did complete this just under the wire. After looking at the books this list pushed me to read, I realized most were not good or merely tolerable. I plan on attempting the list next year but I'm not going to push myself when I already read quite widely and want to read really enjoyable books.

3. Read at least 5 owned books a month (for a total of 60)

I did not reach this goal. I read 45 owned books. I'm glad I made this goal and might do it again next year.

4. Re-read an average of 1 book a month (not including Harry Potter)

I nearly reached this goal. I re-read 11 books. This was a fun goal and it gave me "permission" to re-read books when I have so many unread books on my shelves.

5. DNF books after 50-100 pages if I'm not enjoying them.

I dnf'd 11 books this year. That is much higher than normal so I feel like I met this goal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment