Saturday, December 12, 2020

Goal Check-In on the 12 Books I wanted to read in 2020

 The 12 Books I want to Read in 2020

1. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent  

I knew this was a slow book and I was never in the mood for it.

2. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara  

I still want to read this but due to it's very depressing story, I didn't feel like I was in the right mental space. This year was tough.

3. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee 

I have heard more negative things about this book and have since lost interest in it.

4. The Five by Hallie Rubenfold

Still want to read but had too many library holds in November when I planned to read it.

5. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Felt daunted by its large size. Still want to give it a try.

6. You Will Be Safe Here by Damien Barr

I read the first chapter when trying to decide what to read next. Didn't really pull me in.

7. The Overstory by Richard Powers

DNF'd after 25 pages.

8. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

I read this and it was alright. I gave it 3 stars.

9. Red Sister by Mark Lawerence

10. Columbine by Dave Cullen

11. Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo

I read it and thought it was amazing. 5 stars.

12. Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend

Another 5 stars. 


Well, I did quite poorly. I read 3 and DNF'd 1.  I still will make this goal one more time and if I find that I don't do well next year, I will probably stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment