Monday, December 7, 2020

Mini Slump

 I don't have a second wrap up for November because after that ARC I reviewed, I haven't read anything for about 2 weeks. I've recently started a new book and am hoping to turn around December but I'm doing everything I can to break it. Here are some tips of what works for me:


1. Let yourself not read. Do other things that you enjoy. Watch t.v. or movies, play games, talk with friends, etc.

2. Re-read a favorite. You know you're going to enjoy it and get attached to the characters so there's nothing new to invest.

3. Read a short or easy-to-read book like middle grade, YA, or a graphic novel.

4. Listen to a great audiobook. Something with a great narrator.

5. Read something with a fast-paced plot. Something that makes you not want to put it down. Often best for these are mystery/thrillers but others genres will sometimes work.

No comments:

Post a Comment