Thursday, August 2, 2018

August TBR/ N.E.W.T.s Readathon TBR


I completed 11 out of 12 of my O.W.L.s (all but Defense Against the Dark Arts) so I have plenty of choices. The N.E.W.T.s are much harder this time, requiring three books to achieve an “Outstanding”. The minimum requirement to “pass” is to receive at least one Outstanding and one additional Aacceptable; a total of four books. I am setting my goal a bit more challenging. I have a goal of 10 books; 3 Outstandings and 1 Acceptable. I’m going for Charms, History of Magic, Arithmancy, and Divination. These categories give me some flexibility so the books may change. This readathon lasts for the duration of August so this also serves as my August TBR.

N.E.W.T.s TBR

Charms:
Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors by Jenny Nimmo (A book with magic)
What Lies Between Us by Nayomi Munaweera   (A cover that charmed you)

When I Hit You by Meena Kandasamy (A book that will leave a mark)

Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors (The Children of the Red King, #4)What Lies Between UsWhen I Hit You or a Portrait of the Writer as a Young Wife


History of Magic:
The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton (A book that would fit in Hogwarts Library)
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche (5+ years old)
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (400+ pgs)

The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn HardcastleAmericanahThe Grapes of Wrath

Arithmancy:
Dune by Frank Herbert (300+ pg)
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (ends on an even page number)
Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (not first in series)

Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1)Never Let Me GoLair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)


Divination:
Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers (set in the future)

Record of a Spaceborn Few (Wayfarers, #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment