Friday, June 15, 2018

Second Week Wrap Up

This week I read two books. The first was The Trauma Cleaner by Sarah Krasnostein. I wrote a full review but overall gave it 3 stars.

Then I picked up A Death in the Family by James Agee. This was a classic I hadn't even heard of before BookTube. In short, a man dies and the family is left to deal with the aftermath. There is not much of a plot, but rather this is a character study on grief. How each person deals with the loss. The writing is incredibly poetic and descriptive. It's unfortunate that this was an unfinished manuscript that was published posthumously after the author's sudden death. It could have been really amazing. I still however, loved it and gave it 4 stars. I would definitely recommend the audiobook as the narrator really helps the listener immerse themselves in the Southern way of speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment