Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Reviews and What I'm Currently Reading

So I have finished the three books I was reading.

Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward. I gave it 3.5 stars. This was a character-driven story which tend to not be my favorites. If I were to explain the plot to you, I'd say not much happens. However, I really liked Ward's writing and one of the flashbacks she wrote moved me to tears. This may grow on me more in time. I did like it enough to add her first book Salvage the Bones to my list.

Honestly Ben by Bill Koningsberg - I gave it 3 stars. I loved the first book in the series, Openly Straight much more. I felt this was still entertaining and I loved to find out more about Rafe and Ben but I felt Rafe was a much more interesting character. As the title suggests, it focuses more on Ben. I did like the contrasts in how each of the families felt about homosexuality.


Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples. I gave it 5 stars. I have never been much of a graphic novel reader but I love this series. The characters are snarky, clever, and fairly likable. I did almost knock it half a star because some of the humor relies too much on shock value but most of the time, I was genuinely laughing out loud. This one ended on a cliff-hanger and I could not wait to pick up the next one.

Currently Reading:

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
  A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
 Lolita

No comments:

Post a Comment