Thursday, September 28, 2017

DNF books

For the longest time, I have plowed through books I didn't like just because I didn't want to abandon them. Sometimes I felt I hadn't given them enough of a chance but other times I felt like I had invested too much time to quit. The first book I remember quitting was The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. This was back when it was quite popular but I just couldn't get into it. I finally reminded myself that my main purpose for reading is enjoyment. Since I was not enjoying it, I should abandon the book.


I still have this idea that I owe it authors to finish what I've started and because of that, I have only abandoned a few books. Several of them were quite popular too.

Here is my list of abandoned books:

1. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
2. Bossypants by Tina Fey
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
4. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
5. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6. All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
7. The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak

Admittedly, I only gave a little time to the 1st, 4th, and 5th books. However, I made it halfway through both the 3rd and the 6th books before realizing I just couldn't finish them.

Are there any you think I should give a second chance?





No comments:

Post a Comment