Monday, August 30, 2021

August Wrap Up

 Surprisingly, I finished one book this month. I'm actually proud of it, because I started several books and fizzled out quickly.


The book I finished was How to be a Movie Star by TJ Klune. This is a companion novel to How to be Normal. It focuses on Josiah Erickson who lives in L.A. trying to make it as an actor. He's an affable stoner who is great at radio trivia and wins a prize to see a poetry reading. There he meets Q-bert and the rest of the story is their relationship developing. They were fun, likable characters with some real issues and great representation for mental health and demi-sexuality. A lot of it was absurd, but it made me laugh out loud and hopefully broke my slump. I gave it 4 stars and highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment