Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Mid-year Check in with Goals

Now that 2020 is halfway over (will it ever end?) I wanted to check in with my goals to see how I'm doing and recommit myself to ones I've forgotten about.

1. Complete the 24 reading prompts for the Reading Women Challenge.
I've read 17 of the reading prompts which means I'm ahead of schedule.

2. Complete the 24 reading prompts for the Reading Harder Challenge.
I've read 20 of the reading prompts which means I'm considerably ahead of schedule.

3. Read at least 5 pre-2020 owned books each month (for a total of 60)
I've slightly adapted this to just be owned books as I've not kept track of books I've received this year. If I own it, I'm counting it and thus far, I've read 25 books that I own. Definitely need to step this up since I'm behind.

4. Re-read an average of 1 book a month (not including Harry Potter)
I have re-read 5 books so I'm slightly behind. While this has been an enjoyable task, there are so many intriguing new releases that vie for my attention but I know some that I want to re-read at a specific time that will help me fulfill this challenge.

5. DNF books after 50-100 pages if I'm not enjoying them.
 I'm actually doing pretty well on this challenge. There have been a few I've pushed through that I hated but I was either reading them as an ARC (which I feel compelled to finish) or they fit some challenges and I felt another book that fit the prompt wouldn't be any better. I'll post my DNFs in the next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment