Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Third July Wrap Up


Seven Seasons of Buffy: Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers Discuss Their Favorite Television Show

This week I only managed to finish one book and it was a struggle. I read Seven Seasons of Buffy compiled by Glenn Yeffeth. This was a collection of essays from multiple authors. This fulfilled one of my Read Harder Challenges. Essays are definitely not my jam. I find it jarring to switch between author voices every 10 pages or so. There were some essays I hated (they came across as incredibly sexist or fat-shaming) and other essays I truly enjoyed. However, it took me 20 days to read 205 pages and most of the time I just wanted to quit. So for those reasons, I rated it 2 out of 5 stars. The good essays did make me want to re-watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment