Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Goals and January TBR

I got a little busy and forgot about my blog. I have been reading so I'll update you on what I read in a future post. This will be my 2018 goals and my TBR.

1. I will read 40 books for the Popsugar Challenge. I think I'm going to do 38 off the "regular" list and 2 from the "challenge" list. The reasoning for this is that I want to challenge myself but I don't want to read a book I have literally no interest in. (i.e. the book about sports)

2. Total book goal is 90. This can include re-reads, graphic novels, children's, and everything in between. (I read 85 books this year and I felt like I was reading a lot but I had a three month slump where I read nothing.)

3. Re-read. The last 2 years I've not been re-reading and its been sad. I know I want to finish re-reading the Harry Potter series (started a couple weeks ago...just couldn't hold back) and a few of my favorite books.

4. I would like to read at least 2 books off my shelf per month. (I don't own a huge amount of unread owned books but it is close to 50 so I want to get through them.)

I'm terrible with TBR lists because I'm a mood reader and my moods can shift quite suddenly but these are the books I would like to get to in January.

January:

- Honor Girl by Maggie Thrash
-A Brief History of Time Lords by Steve Tribe
-Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
-The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
-In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park
-I am Malala by Malala Youfasazai
-Bird Box by Josh Malerman (Yes, I know this has been on my TBR before.)
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
-How Green was my Valley by Richard Llewellyn
-My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
-The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
-The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
-The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
-Saga Volume 8 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples


Realistically, I won't get to all of these and I will find new ones I will read on a whim but its a good guideline for me. I'm pretty sure I'll get to In Order to Live because I will be reading it for a book club and Saga Volume 8 because I pre-ordered it.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn HugoHonor Girl: A Graphic MemoirDoctor Who: A Brief History of Time LordsRebeccaIn Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to FreedomI Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the TalibanBird BoxHow Green Was My ValleyBig Little LiesMy Friend DahmerPersepolis: The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1)The Hate U GiveThe Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1)The Miseducation of Cameron PostSaga, Vol. 8 (Saga, #8)


No comments:

Post a Comment