Monday, December 20, 2021

Goals Check-In

 This year was a shitshow in terms of my physical and mental health. I read way less than normal. However, I wanted to check in on my goals in order to set realistic goals for next year.


1. Read 12 of my unread books where I own 2 or more books by the same author.

The only author I did this with was Simone St. James. I read both of her books I had on my shelves. 

2. Read 24 books unread on previous TBRs. I've been making TBRs for a little over three years and have plenty of books I haven't gotten to yet.

The Broken Girls by Simone St. James

No Exit by Taylor Adams

American Gods by Neil Gaiman


3. Read 9 of my purchased Audible books.

The Vanished Birds by Simon Jimenez 

No Exit by Taylor Adams

All the Young Men by Ruth Coker Burks

4. Read 6 classics.

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Bread Givers by Anzia Yezeirska.

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

5. Continue with series I've already started.

I finished The Brown Sisters trilogy by Talia Hibbert

I finished the Wayfarers series by Becky Chambers

I read the next Scholomance book by Naomi Novik.


Lastly my Top 12 books I wanted to read this year:

1. The Broken Girls by Simone St. James

2. The Betrayals by Bridget Collins   DNF

3. The Galaxy and the Ground Within by Becky Chambers

4. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

5. Abbadon’s Gate by James S.A. Corey

6. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Minstry

7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey

8. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

9. Blindness by Jose Saramago

10. American Gods by Neil Gaiman

11. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden

12. Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt


No comments:

Post a Comment