Thursday, April 1, 2021

March Wrap Up

I usually wrap up my reading in at least two parts, but this month I only read 5 books. 

I started off March reading my ARC The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner. I've written a separate review so to sum up, I gave it 4 stars.

Eagerly, I read The Push by Ashley Audrain. It has been compared to We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver and I loved that book. It is very similar, but unfortunately it didn't do much new with it and there weren't any twists I didn't see coming. It was enjoyable during the time but ultimately forgettable. I gave it 3 stars.

Since I was participating in Middle Grade March, I then read A Song for a Whale by Lynne Kelly. This was a sweet story of a Deaf child wanting to help out a whale that sings in his own pitch and cannot communicate with other whales. While the story was good, I found part of the plot very implausible. I gave it 3 stars. I think children would like this better than I did.

I was in the mood for funny when I choose I Want to be Where the Normal People Are by Rachel Bloom. I have seen her t.v. show and thought she was fun and wacky and I would enjoy her essays. While the writing is standard, some of her stories were just so hilarious. I listened to this on audiobook that she narrates herself, and I highly recommend it. 4 stars.

Lastly, I finished Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert. This is the third book following the Brown sisters and focuses on the youngest of the three, Eve. She is a hot-mess and impulsively decides to interview for a cook job at a B&B. She and the owner do not like each other at first, but the quickly warm to each other. This is my least favorite of the three, but I still found it compulsively readable. I award it 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment