Monday, February 1, 2021

January Wrap Up #2

Since I last updated you, I've read three more books.

I picked up a graphic memoir called A Puff of Smoke by Sarah Lippett. This was her story of growing up with a mysterious medical condition and how it shaped her childhood. She focused on feeling like an outsider and how it affected her relationships with others. I thought it was inspiring and I really related to it. I gave it 5 stars.

For my classic, I read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. I'd never read this or seen the movie but have a real interest in psychology so I was eager to pick it up. There were a lot of outdated terms, slurs, and misogyny but I felt like the story was very compelling. I gave it 3.5 stars and watched the movie adaptation shortly after.

Finally, I read The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. I was nervous about this book because I knew it was a slow, character-driven story which I wasn't sure I was in the mood for. However, I loved it. The atmosphere was incredible, the folklore incredibly interesting, and a strong independent female character! I can't wait for the sequel. I gave it 4 stars.

I also DNF'd 1 book but I think I'll talk about all my DNFs together in a few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment