Saturday, May 1, 2021

April Wrap Up

 This month I read 4 books and DNF'd 1. I'll include my DNF'd books in a separate post.

I read Broken (in the best way) by Jenny Lawson. This is her third book I've read and I found it just as funny and poignant on the topic of mental health as her previous two. There were moments where I related so hard to her struggles and other times where I literally laughed out loud at her absurd situations. Definitely recommend and I gave it 5 stars.

Next I picked up Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris. A middle-grade mystery to do with circus folk, magicians, and con men. I really enjoyed this story and loved the author-narrated audiobook. I gave it 4 stars and intend to read the rest of the quartet.

My hold from the library came in so I read the graphic memoir The Year of the Rabbit by Tian Veasna. The book details his rocky birth in war-torn Cambodia and his family's survival of the Khmer Rouge. This was illuminating and horrifying. I gave the book 4 stars.

The last book I finished was The Ground, and the Galaxy Within by Becky Chambers. I enjoyed this so much. The premise is that four aliens are stuck on a "truck stop" planet and learn more about each other's culture and history. While this was not my favorite in the companion series, it was heart warming, sweet, and engaging. I gave it 5 stars.

So, I'm reading less but my ratings have been very high. Quality over quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment